Don’t miss out! Follow DIY Fun Ideas on facebook now for more ideas and inspirations!
There are soooo many words to describe this cake. Yumm! Wow! OMG! OMG, again! And another Wow! Okay, yes, I have a sweet tooth. So kill me. Oh, you can’t. That’s because I’m already dying of chocolate malt-ball lust. And if you’re reading this right now, then you are too. So let’s get right down to business. Here’s the how-to, brought to you by citilicious.co. I love you citilicious!!!
– 3 eggs, lightly whisked
– 1 tbs milk
– 1/2 cup cocoa powder
– 1/2 cup plain flour
– 3/4 cup malted milk powder
– 3/4 cup self-raising flour
– 4 1/2 oz butter, chopped
– 3/4 cup milk
– 6 1/2 oz butter, extra, at room temperature
– 1 cup, firmly packed brown sugar
– 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar mixture
– 2 cups Malt balls
For the Ganache:
– 1 1/3 cups dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
– 1/2 cup cream
– 1 oz butter
1) Take a round cake pan and grease it with butter, then take baking paper and line it’s base and side.
2) Preheat the oven at 320 degrees.
3) Place together in a bowl the brown sugar, butter and milk, and stir continuously until the mixture is smooth.
4) Put in the cocoa powder and the flower and whisk everything in, add the egg and whisk again.
5) Pour mixture into the round pan and bake for about 55 minutes. To check if it is done, insert a skewer into the middle of it, if it comes out clean then it is done.
6) Take the pan out of the oven and let it to cool completely.
7) Moving to the place the ganache, take the cream, butter and chocolate in a bowel and stir continuously until the mixture becomes smooth.
7) Take the extra butter and beat it with an electric beater until creamy and pale, put in the malted milk powder, the powdered sugar and extra milk and continue beating until fluffy.
8) Finally, add 1 ½ tbs ganache and beat. Set aside the rest of the ganache until it gets thick, spreadable and glossy. Cut the cake in four layers horizontally using a serrated knife, set the base of the cake on a platter and spread over it ⅓ of the icing.
9) Continue with the next layer of cake and the icing two more times and stop with the last layer of cake.
10) Now put the cake in the fridge for cooling for about 1 and a half hours.
11) Take the cake out and spread the ganache over it and decorate with Malt balls, or any other chocolate candies you like.
When you make this cake, definitely post a pic on the DIY Fun Ideas facebook page. Excuse me now while I go into malt ball meltdown. I think I’ll take a cold shower now.
p.s…. Don’t forget to follow us on facebook.
Enjoy & Cheers!